Christmas is the season of Christmas cakes. The rich plum or fruit cakes that are abundant in the richness of dry fruits is simply delicious. There can be no substitute for these rich fruit cakes that are an important part of Christmas festivities. The demand for Christmas cakes online and offline sees a new high during the season. Preparations for the making of Christmas cakes start a month earlier to that of Christmas celebrations for the matter. The dry fruits are cut into various shapes and sizes and soaked in alcohol, mainly rum.
Although there is no doubt about the fact that the Christmas cake tastes heavenly, but there are some cake facts. It is truly an interesting read to find out the lesser-known facts about the Christmas cake. We are here to highlight upon the 8 fun facts about the Christmas cake that are lesser known. Are you interested to know more? Well, read on…
- It Has A Long Shelf Life: The best part about Christmas cake is that it has a really long shelf life. The cake can be stored for months to put it precisely. It is because of the alcohol content for the matter. There are many families who keep the Christmas cake for the Easter celebrations as well. The longevity of the cake makes it perfect for travellers and hunters as well.
- It is High On Energy: Christmas cake is packed with energy to put it precisely. It is because the cake has a high ratio of rich dry fruits to flour. This makes it a cake full of nutrients. On the other side, having too much of the Christmas cake can increase your waistline for the matter.
- Naturally Dried Fruits Help Make The Cake Better: It is believed that Christmas cakes are of the acquired taste for the matter. The important part is to avoid glazed and candied fruits and opt for naturally sweetened dry fruits. It makes the cake healthier and wholesome for the matter. Remember to follow it as you decide to send Christmas cakes online.
- Any Fruits Can Be Used For Christmas Cakes: The best part about Christmas cakes and shakes is that any fruits can be used. It is an all inclusive cake that can be made with fresh fruits, dried fruits etc. Although dried fruits have a better longevity, fresh fruits can be used if your heart desires.
- It Tastes Better With Time: Christmas cake is like fine wine to put it precisely. It tastes better with time. For the dried up Christmas cakes, a little bit of alcohol is what you need to revive it. Just steam the cake and drizzle some alcohol and that’s about it.
- Origins Lie In A Meat Pie: It is from the plum pudding that the Christmas cake has come into existence. The plum pudding originally consisted of fruits and minced meat to put it precisely. With time, the fruits remained and the meat was removed. Later dry fruits and spices were added to give birth to the Christmas cake.
- It Is An Ancient Recipe: The recipe of the Christmas cake dates back to the Roman empire. The Romans would make a cake called the satura. It was made with a mixture of raisins, barley, pine nuts, pomegranate, pine nuts, sweetened wine. This gained popularity in the 16th century to put it precisely.
- Christmas Cake Hasn’t Eaten On Christmas Day: Originally the Christmas cake wasn’t eaten on the day of Christmas for the matter. It was on the twelfth day of Christmas that it was eaten. This is the reason that it was also called the twelfth night cake.
Here are the top 8 fun facts about the Christmas cake. So, if you are looking for Christmas gift delivery for your loved ones, don’t forget the cake. There’s nothing like sending the delicious Christmas cake as the perfect Christmas surprise for your friends and family. Now that you know about these interesting facts about the Christmas cake, you need to gift more! Isn’t it?
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas with lots of Christmas cake!