The simple definition of the Linksys WiFi Range Extender is network devices that extend your home WiFi router’s WiFi signals in your house. It expands the reach of signals so that you can use the internet in WiFi dead zones of your home as well.
It is so easy to install a Linksys WiFi extender in your apartment. Here, is this informative article, you will learn how to complete the Linksys range extender setup. This installation process also has two different parts that are connecting the extender to your home network router and adjusting its settings. Let’s start this article without wasting any time with how to setup Linksys range extender.
Steps: Linksys Range Extender Installation
This setup process has two different subsections; one will explain how to connect the Linksys extender to router. And second subsection contains how to access the interface of the Linksys extender to manage settings and networks.
How to Connect Extender to Home Router?
There are two ways that you can use to connect your extender to your home router; with Ethernet cable and wirelessly.
With Ethernet Cable
1. At first, place your extender near to your home router and locate router’s LAN port and extender’s WAN port.
2. Now, connect the Ethernet cable ends to the located router and Linksys extender ports.
3. After linking both the network devices you have to simply turn it on. It is a plug-in device, so just plug it into the nearest electric wall socket.
4. Then, just find the Power button and hit it to turn Linksys device on.
Now, let’s see how to connect the extender to the router wirelessly.
Without Any Wire
1. To connect the Linksys repeater, you have to turn it on by plugging it in a wall socket and pressing the power button.
2. Find and hit the WPS button on the router first and then press the extender’s WPS button.
3. Now, both of the network devices will link automatically with the help of the WPS option.
After establishing the network between the router and Linksys range extender, it is time to manage the settings of the Linksys device.
How to Adjust Settings And Networks of Extender?
Here, in this section, you will get to know how to manage the Linksys range extender settings and networks. You can adjust settings by accessing the web interface of the signal repeater.
1. For access the extender web interface, you must connect your computer to the Linksys device using LAN cable.
2. Now, simply start the computer and open up the web browser in it. Search the login IP address 192.168.1.1 on the browser.
3. The browser will take you to the interface login page, where you have to enter the login details (username and password).
4. You will find the credentials in the user manual just type the details in the blank space and hit the Enter key.
5. You will reach inside the interface page, here you can adjust the settings and networks.
Also, you can use the Linksys smart WiFi login interface to update the router’s firmware, and enable or disable many features of the Linksys extender. After logged in to interface, you have to change the admin password and add a new and strong password.
Words of End
So, we have reached at the end of this setup based article, which provided you information of Linksys WiFi Range Extender setup. We have shared two parts of the installation that are ‘how to connect extender to home router’ and ‘how to adjust settings of the extender’. We are assuming that you have read out all the information that is given above and successfully used it to setup your Linksys network device.